1. Cleaning in the first few days,It should be done only with water, without carving the skin. During the first few weeks it is not necessary for the bath to be daily; can be every third day. The bath should be fast, without rubbing the skin, just rubbing the hand on your hair and rest of the body.You can use soap substitutes, which are actually special soft dermocleaners for your delicate skin, preferably not perfumed, and never with detergents. It is not necessary to have a shampoo and soap for each part of the body, it can be used in all areas.However, the stay in the bathtub should not be prolonged, since the long exposure to water leads to dehydration of the skin; it doesn’t have to be with hot water either, it should always be warm. Drying should be done by removing only the excess water, without carving the skin. From the first month it is recommended to bathe it daily.
2. Cotton ClothingYour clothes must be one hundred percent cotton, Other materials, although they appear to be soft may not be favorable. Cotton is an ideal fiber for the skin of the baby so it should be part of all its garments, including its bedding and coverts.
3. Temperature regulation.A newborn is learning to regulate the temperature, so don’t have to warm it up too much. Although it must be taken care of temperature changes, do not have to exaggerate, since being very covered, the sweat glands, which are barely maturing, can cause rashes on the neck, trunk, chest and back.
4. Hydration.You should always moisturize their skin with creams that don’t have dyes or perfumes; special for your skin.
5. Wash your clothes.Washing your clothes should be done with detergent substitutes (which are commercial products with baby labels and generally endorsed by Pediatric Associations), because, in those products, substances that could irritate your skin come diminished or absent. You should never use chlorine or flavourings, because they can cause dermatitis6. Solar Filter.The application of sunscreen, in its first six months of life, should only be done when there is intentional exposure. If it is a beach holiday, it is recommended to put a sunscreen every hour on your whole body and head, put your hat on it and keep it in the shade. If the sun exposure is in the city, apply the sunscreen every four hours. The application should be done regardless of whether the day is sunny, cloudy or rains with hail, as UV rays are always present. From six months on, you should wear it daily. Use a special baby sunscreen and never apply adult sunscreens.
7. Diaper Zone.The diaper area is a very sensitive area that should be taken care of a lot. You should do a routine checkup every 20 to 30 minutes and don’t skimp on diaper replacement.Evacuations and urinations cause solids and liquids to be sealed on the skin when not removed and, within minutes, chafing and micro-growth of microorganisms may occur.If there is diarrhea, the checkup should be more frequent. However, at the time of change, the cleaning should only be with water and cotton and dry the area very well, as the moisture macerates the skin. It should never be covered if there is moisture in between, as this can cause fungi to appear. In case of irritations, pastes such as zinc oxide may be applied to protect the integrity of the skin.The use of baby powder (dust) is not recommended as they have been shown to be a health risk; can be used in ‘liquid’ presentation.
8. Seborrheic dermatitisSome newborns may have milk crust, a thick, oily scale on hairy skin. This involvement (seborrheic dermatitis) may be normal and transient, but if it stays long, and instead of getting worse, you should consult a pediatric dermatologist.
9. Pay special attention to redness and rashWhen a baby’s skin is red and rash, or feels very dry, something we’re not doing well. Before the complication grows, we need to take the above advice back. If the problem doesn’t reduce, it’s very important to see your pediatrician.
10. Conclusion.Finally, keep in mind that the skin has memory, and how we care for it today will depend on your health tomorrow, that’s why here are the tips for how to take care of your baby’s skin.
Check My Best Products for Skin Care
Latest posts by Mayra Ortiz (see all)
- Tips for men’s skincare.- they’re really very simple - January 6, 2020
- 5 Skincare Tips to Clean, Unclog & Minimize Large Pores - January 6, 2020
- Before-sleep skin care tips. Four steps - January 4, 2020